Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Salvation Army in East Timor

 image
Well its official … ish.  I am signing up to join The Salvation Army.  I think its about time I pull my head in and become accountable to something.   I hope that our somewhat humble operation here might serve as an inspiration to the broader Army to get into the action here.  We’ll see.  But here I am and you can expect to see the logo for The Salvation Army become more prominent as essentially the work we do here will be Salvation Army work.  I hope that this does not serve to alienate those faithful churches who have been interested and supportive of our work.  Indeed, this work has an inter-denominational support base and it certainly has a strong inter-denominational outcome in terms of the many churches and non-church groups we support here.
If you are in the Salvation Army we want to extend a special invite for you to come to East Timor.  We have a room for you here!
Since we are on the subject of church groups, here’s a list of who we’ve had something to do with in East Timor:
Catholic, Nazarene, Baptist, Seventh Day Adventist, Assemblies of God, Potter’s House, Presbyterian, IPTL (Protestant) and Jehovah’s Witnesses (hope I haven’t missed anyone out).

No comments: